Donald is our families favorite character. He appeals to the young and old alike. Everyone seems to "get" his irascible personality and loves it when he flies off the handle at just about everything. Then there are his sweet moments when he oozes cuddly cuteness. We just can't seem to get enough of Donald.
So much so that on one of our many adventures to Walt Disney World in the early 90's we spent the better part of a weekend trying to find him for a meet and greet. That was long before Kenny the Pirate had his awesome character finding site and app. We finally did track Donald down in Duckburg. Yes, I know how obvious that should have been but in those days characters walked the parks and only a few had official meet and greets. If you didn't happen upon your favorite characters you would miss them.
You can find him these days in his finest festive fiesta attire greeting guests in the Mexico Pavilion. He has a nice little shady spot right next to the Mexico Pavilion and if it's raining don't fret, Donald moves inside to meet and greet guests.
Did you know these 5 fast fun facts?
- Donald Duck's character was created in 1934 at Walt Disney Productions.
- Donald is known for his distinctive voice which was created by Clarence Nash, who performed the role for 50 years.
- Along with his friend Mickey, Donald is one of the most popular Disney characters and was included in TV Guide's list of the 50 greatest cartoon characters of all time in 2002.
- Donald's first appearance was in The Wise Little Hen (1934), but it was his second appearance in Orphan's Benefit which introduced him as a temperamental mischievous character we know today.
- He has appeared in more films than any other Disney character, listed as appearing in approximately 178 theatrical films compared to Mickey Mouse's 137, and is the fifth most published comic book character in the world after Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, and Wolverine.
ºoº Thanks to Wikipedia for this Disney trivia.
Have a Tiggerific Day!