Fun Disney Horsey facts:
- The horses chosen for this important job are all geldings (neutered males).
- They are Belgians and Percherons which are breeds known for their mild temperament and strength.
- The Belgians are from Belgium, and the Percherons are a Northwest section of France called La Perche.
- Disney uses Lippizans in weddings, the Christmas Parade and to pull Cinderella's coach.
- The horses work four hours a day, four days a week.
- Plastic horseshoes are worn by the horses.
- The Transportation Trolley fully loaded weighs about 4000 lbs.
- The steel tracks in the street help guide the trolley and ease the burden on the horses.
- At night the horses are housed at the Tri-Circle-D Farm at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort.
Do you hunt for Hidden Mickey's in the parks?