Lucasfilm and Disney Interactive today launched the all-new StarWars.com experience, the digital destination and first source for all Star Wars film, TV, and video game news.
Plus, we have a look at the making of Chopper, the grumpy new droid and snaps of his debut at Star Wars Weekend.
The new site features:
· Long-form articles and videos that go behind the scenes of past, current and upcoming projects
· Exclusive online videos, including a behind the scenes video of the making of Chopper from the upcoming series Star Wars: Rebels, and more to come in the following weeks
· The immersive Databank, an encyclopedia of hundreds of pieces of Star Wars knowledge about characters, creatures, locations, droids and devices.
· Details about upcoming fan events
· Users can log in with their Disney ID to access upcoming special features and digital experiences
· New, simple navigation and design
· Rich, consistent experience across all platforms and devices using the same technology that powers the entire Disney Interactive Media portfolio
-----------------------------------Droid Designs: Chopper from Star Wars Rebels Comes to Life on Star Wars Video
Chopper is the grumpy, lazy, yet ultimately heroic astromech droid of the Star Wars Rebels animated series. Here he is making his debut opening weekend at Star Wars Weekends 2014.