CINDERELLA STAR LILY JAMES OPENS UP TO DISNEY TWENTY-THREE ABOUT THE MAGIC OF MAKING THE NEW FILM
D23 GETS AN EXCLUSIVE BEHIND–THE–SCENES LOOK AT DISNEY’S LIVE-ACTION FAIRY TALE. PLUS, JOSS WHEDON REVEALS THE SECRETS BEHIND MARVEL’S AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON AND BRITT ROBERTSON TAKES US TO TOMORROWLAND
Disney Release – With Cinderella set to grace movie theaters on March 13 in Disney’s new live-action adaptation of the beloved animated classic, Disney twenty-three, the publication of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, sat down with the creative team to get all the details—from the tiniest mouse to the biggest pumpkin coach. And star Lily James opens up about her first nerve-wracking day of filming, taking on the role of one of the most iconic princesses, and the challenges of dancing in a spectacular couture creation.
Also in Disney twenty-three’s Spring issue, available exclusively to D23 Gold Members, is an interview with Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron writer/director Joss Whedon, who reveals some surprising details about the highly anticipated spring release, including why Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were two must-have characters in the film. In addition, stars Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans and Robert Downey, Jr. put in their two cents about the helmsman.
Plus, the issue features an exclusive interview with Britt Robertson about working on the upcoming film Tomorrowland, and a celebration of 40 years of Space Mountain with a look back at some of the original designs, early photography, and opening day materials for the Walt Disney World attraction. Also, the Walt Disney Archives unveils 14 of the newest treasures added to its incredible collection, including an original Donald Duck doll circa 1935, a pair of out-of-this-world space boots from the Epcot attraction Horizons, and Sam Eagle’s CIA travel badge from Muppets Most Wanted.
Also included in the Spring issue of Disney twenty-three:
- How runDisney has turned Disney fans into marathon runners—and colorful characters
- A sneak peek at the design, menu, and costumes of the soon-to-reopen Cinderella’s Royal Table at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom
- Original concept art and drawings for the 1950 animated classic Cinderella
- A look back at how Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color television series seamlessly transformed into The Wonderful World of Disney
- Regular columns including A Walk with Walt, D Society, and Ask Dave
D23 Members are invited to visit D23.com for additional features and members-only content, including a gallery of additional images of Cinderella from the Animation Research Library.
Other features coming to D23.com include:
- More exclusive interviews with the cast and filmmakers of the live-action Cinderella
- Tomorrowland’s Britt Robertson talks about filming at Disneyland and her Disney favorites
- A Turkey Pot Pie recipe from Walt Disney World’s Cinderella’s Royal Table that lets you bring a taste of Disney to your dining room table
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold Members as a benefit of their membership. The latest issue will begin arriving late February.
The name “D23” pays homage to the exciting journey that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his fledgling studio in Hollywood. D23 is the first official club for fans in Disney’s 90-plus-year history. D23 gives its members a greater connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic through its quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; a rich website at D23.com with members-only content; member-exclusive discounts; and special events for D23 Members throughout the year.
Fans can join D23 at Gold Membership ($74.99) and General Membership (complimentary) levels at D23.com and at DisneyStore.com/D23. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow DisneyD23 on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube.