Happy Foodie Friday Folks!
This week’s featured food favorite is a delicious dessert recipe from Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. Yachtsman Steakhouse is a Family-Friendly Signature Dining experience that serves up the most mouthwatering steaks and fish dinners.
This recipe is one way I like to bring the magic of Disney into our home. I save the Grand Marnier version for special occasions. It's still delicious and everyone raves about it.
Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon Cornbread
Yachtsman Steakhouse, Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, photo ©Disney
Grand Marnier Strawberries Ingredients:
7 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/3 cup Grand Marnier
3 tablespoons sugar
Lemon Cornbread Ingredients:
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
11/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
Fresh whipped cream, creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream, for serving
Lemon Syrup Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
Zest of 1/2 lemon
Grand Marnier Strawberries Instructions:
1. Combine 1 1/2 cups strawberries, Grand Marnier and sugar in a blender, blending until smooth.
2. Combine remaining strawberries with pureed mixture in a large mixing bowl. Set aside to marinate.
Lemon Cornbread Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan.
2. Beat oil, milk and eggs in a large bowl using an electric mixer.
3. Sift together flour, sugar and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring until smooth.
4. Stir in cornmeal, then lemon juice and zest.
5. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 40 minutes.
Lemon Syrup Instructions:
1. Mix sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and zest.
4. If not using immediately, refrigerate in an airtight container.
1. Cut cooled cornbread into 12 squares, trimming off top crust.
2. Drizzle each square of cornbread with 1 tablespoon of lemon syrup. Allow syrup to soak in for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. In a buttered frying pan, sear both sides of cornbread until golden brown.
4. Top cornbread square with Grand Marnier strawberries, then top with whipped cream, creme friche or vanilla ice cream.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant's version.
This recipe and photo is the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc.,and may not be reproduced without express permission.